Mission: Sustain Mizzou is a non-partisan 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization run by student volunteers at the University of Missouri. Our mission is to promote a sustainable way of life at the University of Missouri through education, cooperation and local action regarding the environment.
Vision: The pillars of sustainability are meant to be balanced through thoughtful deliberation and action. The three standard pillars are listed below. For a more in-depth definition, please view some of our alumni's more complex definition that we strive to work with.
We collaborate with each other and build community to ensure that everyone is represented. This include environmental justice because it is impacted by environmental and economic factors.
We care about the planet and want to see its beauty and resources available for future generations. This pillar considers social and economic situations in the long term.
Balancing economic prosperity for all walks of life is vital. This means that we have a responsibility to make smart economic decisions that consider the other pillars.
- Creating new partnerships and collaborating with others
- Non-partisanship (sustainability is a universal issue)
- Environmental leadership on campus and in community
- Action focus with tangible results
- Developing personal sustainability goals
- Service opportunities for students